Why we collect personal information: We may collect personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to answer an enquiry from you;
- to provide you with the service you requested;
- to enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and businesses;
- to assess your application and manage your account with us;
- to engage a credit reporting body to conduct a credit and reference check;
- to assess your creditworthiness;
- billing purposes and collection of debts;
- statistical purposes;
- future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
- for research purposes to better improve our website, products or services;
- any other customer support purposes;
- to notify credit providers of a default by you of your agreement with us;
- to deal with complaints; and
- to enforce our rights when you are in breach.
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity;
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and
- the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register.
Collecting information about you from someone else: We may collect personal information about you from someone else, such as from a credit reporting body or another credit provider when we are assessing your credit application or collecting a debt you owe.
Disclosure of personal information: We usually disclose personal information of the kind collected by us to:
- related companies of ours;
- distributors and introducers of our products and services;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers and insurers;
- service providers including mailhouses, printers, call centres, marketing companies, and technology providers;
- government bodies;
- persons who act as your guarantor or who provide security for credit to you;
- debt collectors and assignees of your debts;
- a recognised external dispute resolution scheme of which we are a member; and
- our professional advisors, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants.
Veda – Customer Resolutions
PO Box 964 North Sydney NSW 2059
1300 762 207
Credit reporting policy: Our credit reporting policy includes information about credit reporting, including:
- the credit reporting bodies to which we are likely to disclose your credit information;
- how credit reporting information is used and your rights in relation to credit reporting information;
- To maintain your relationship as a customer of MAD Solutions Pty Ltd;
- To provide the services you have requested from MAD Solutions Pty Ltd;
- To administer and manage those services;
- As requested by the Australian Government and other designated authorities;
- To answer your inquiry;
- For marketing by email, specials on marketing areas you have shown interest in and only with your explicit prior consent;
Searchbar strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
All our employees and contractors are required to sign agreements with confidentiality clauses to ensure the privacy of our customers.
When you access our website, or a website hosted or operated by us on behalf of a client, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer and greet you each time you visit our website without bothering you with a request to register. It also enables us to keep track of products or services you view so that, if you consent, we can send you news about those products or services.